We are inviting stroke survivors that were working before their stroke to take part in a study of the RESET program. The RESET program links stroke survivors in with a RESET Coordinator, to help them to negotiate services and organisations in the return to work journey, and provide support to help stay at work once returned. All contact with the RESET Coordinator will be via phone, email or skype, meaning travel is not required.
As this is a research project, participants will:
- Be asked to complete an assessment online and/or over the phone
- A letter will be sent to the GP
- Be contacted by the RESET Coordinator by phone, skype or email who will support them through the recovery and return to work process
- Be asked to complete a phone assessment three and six months post stroke
- Be asked to provide feedback about their experience completing RESET and the RESET assessments
This research project aims to test procedures in preparation for a larger study. That is, we want to make sure that the assessments and the RESET service are acceptable to participants. Participation in this study is optional, but eligible participants would:
- Be between 18 and 75 years of age
- Have had a stroke within the last two months
- Have been employed before having a stroke (at least 4 hours during the month before your stroke)
- Have access to a telephone
Please contact the RESET team to receive more information about the study or enquire about participating or referring a client.
285 Ryrie St, Geelong